Deven has had a fussy spell the last three nights. Around 7 o'clock he starts crying and doesn't stop until about 10 o'clock when he eats and then falls asleep. We've been thinking he's just tired and can't fall asleep. I've been reading a book that gave helpful hints on getting babies to sleep so tonight I tried some of the books suggestions.
After his six o'clock feeding, I gave him a bath and he really enjoyed it. Probably because I actually got the water warm. I've been afraid of burning him so the water has been a little chilly but not tonight. Deven christened me into motherhood on our way from the tub to the changing table necessitating a complete wardrobe change, undergarments and all. I'm amazed at how much his little bladder can hold. After I diapered and dressed him, I put him into his snuggle suit, waited until he yawned and then put him to bed. He cried for about 5 minutes, so I went back in there and gave him a big hug because I felt bad. Then I put him back in the bassinet and sat close by so he could see me. He stared at me as he fell asleep and he seemed to keep his eyes open just a crack to make sure I was still there. He took about ten minutes to fall asleep and at 9:00 pm he is still asleep! I'm sure all you moms understand how awful it is to hear your baby cry and not be able to soothe him. I am on cloud 9 knowing that I was able to give my son what he needed. I am really enjoying being Deven's mom.
I think Lee can do the bath tomorrow night so he can be christened into fatherhood.
8 years ago
haha, it's a right of passage I think. You have the best job ever to the most precious little boy, I'm so jealous!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Cami. I so easily remember those days. Constantly second-guessing. Am I doing what's right? But the book said to do THIS?!
ReplyDeleteOh, Wait. I'm still doing that.
Keep up the good work.
(And whatever you read, know that there's another book out there that says something completely different - I know. I've read them all - so just follow your instincts because every baby is indeed different.)