Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Six Months

Deven is growing so fast. I put his 3-6 month clothing away, which was sad, and pulled out the 6-9 month clothing. Just as I'm getting used to the new set of clothes, it's time to move up a size. This past month, Deven and I went to the Dallas area by ourselves to visit some very dear friends. It was a lot of fun spending time with them and Deven did great on the trip. The first video was taken just after we returned from that trip. Deven always greets me with a smile when I open his car door unless he's asleep (which is most of the time). When watching the videos, disregard my mommy voice. I would turn it down if I knew how.

Deven pulled up for the first time in his crib. He hasn't pulled up on other furniture yet. He did it while I was at work and Lee caught it on video. It's on our big camera and I'm not sure how to transfer that to the blog yet. Deven is also transitioning from sitting to hands and knees. He's trying really hard to crawl. We'll put a toy just out of his reach and he tries so hard to get it. Soon he will and I'll wish I had not encouraged crawling. He is eating rice cereal, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, apples, bananas, and pears. He also loves to chew on frozen bluberries through the feeding net.

He loves playing in his tub, going for walks, playing outside, playing with other babies, listening to Lee play the guitar and to singing. He always calms down when music is being played. He does not like loud noises like the garbage disposal, the food blender, and my sewing maching. He is sleeping well again at night. There were a few weeks where he was waking up every four hours. But now he'll sleep a lot longer. I'm not going to type how long he sleeps because I don't want to jinx it!

At his last well-baby check-up, he weighed 16.8lbs! He's getting too big to carry around all the time.



2 comments:

  1. He will NEVER be too big to carry around all the time! I love it, he is trying so hard to crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog background! His smile is so precious! I'm so glad you got it all on video! Cutest nephew ever.

    ReplyDelete