I have been amazed at how attentive, aware, and sweet Deven is lately. He's 18 months and learning so much. Lee always says a prayer before we eat dinner and we've made it a habit to hold hands with Deven. Recently, he held our hands for the prayer and bowed his head. It was really precious. Yesterday, I was having a sneezing fit and he brought me a tissue. Wow! He has also been pretending to blow his nose a lot. Guess my allergies have kicked in. I just put him down for the night. Sometimes I say a prayer out loud with him while we're rocking in his chair. I said a prayer tonight and started it, "Dear Lord" and said my prayer. Then I was about to say "Amen" and Deven beat me to it! How did he know I was done praying? Furthermore, how did he even know that's what I was doing? It shows me how attentive he is to what Lee and I do and I had no idea he was watching that closely.
He has been learning lots of knew words although, he can't say them. If anything has the "K" sound in the word, he pronounces it "cah", which means car. Everything is still a ball or a car, except for people. He knows who Nonna, Papa, Granny, Grandpa and his aunts are in pictures. Although he can only say Kate and Chelsea's names at the moment.
Whenever I carry him, he immediately starts combing his fingers through my hair. Very sweet unless he is sticky or sweaty...ouch. He loves it when he hears the garage door open/close at 5:15pm everyday. He says "dada" and runs to greet him. He also loves to climb anything. Thankfully, he hasn't tried the crib yet. I'm hoping he never figures that one out.
We've got some really cute video clips of him recently, which I will post as soon as I figure out how to do it. They are on our other camera, which I can't transfer data from yet. Sorry there aren't pictures this time. I'll put that on my to-do list for next week :)
8 years ago
I hope that I will come even close to as amazing a spiritual guide for my kids as you and Lee are being for Devon. Love you guys so much!
ReplyDelete