I was going through pictures on my phone and thought I would put some of them on the blog for you. I apologize for not being better about putting pictures. His hair is super curly right now and that's the first thing everyone talks about when they see him. Strangers are always commenting on his curly locks. They ask us, "where does he get the curls from". They also ask us, "where does he get the blonde hair from?" This kind of shocked me the first few times I heard it. My hair was blonde growing up and started turning darker in college but it wasn't until I got pregnant with Deven that it turned a definite brown. I don't dislike brown hair but I've always thought of myself as a blonde, so it kind of hurts my feelings when people ask where he gets the blonde hair from. I am starting to come out of denial and admit my hair is no longer blonde and never will be again, naturally anyway.
At the zoo on a rainy day.
Since writing the last post, Deven's obsession with cars has increased. Is that possible? He became aware of the movie "Cars" and asked to watch it about three times a day for about two weeks. He's totally over the movie right now but he still only plays with his cars. He also loves to read books and make all the animal sounds and point to familiar objects. He hears everything and when he hears an engine, he'll say what he thinks it is. If it's a loud engine, it's a "momo" (aka motorcycle). He can also name a choo-choo and plane by sound.
The last couple of days, he's been practicing all the names of people he can pronounce. This is how he usually says it: mama, dada, kaykay (aunt Kate), Nanno (aka Nonna), Papa, FoFee (aka Sophie, Nonna and Papa's dog), Neenee (Granny), Papa (he can't say Grandpa) and "Kah" (aka car) is randomly thrown in there somewhere. Don't worry Brunts aunts, we are working on your names, too. He just hasn't figured out an alliterative way to pronounce your names.
Also, I'm sure everyone knows by now but Deven will have a little sister in March! We ask Deven where baby sister is and he usually points to my chest. We are very excited and I'm looking forward to decorating her nursery. We do not have any names picked out currently.
Also, I'm sure everyone knows by now but Deven will have a little sister in March! We ask Deven where baby sister is and he usually points to my chest. We are very excited and I'm looking forward to decorating her nursery. We do not have any names picked out currently.
I'll try to post some more pictures/videos later.
I love the pictures!! What a handsome boy. I would love to see the videos too! ;)
ReplyDelete