Cami and I went to the ultrasound clinic this week. I had not heard of these before; these clinics only do ultrasounds - nothing else. I was surprised that something so specialized could still be so busy. This particular one at Mercy Hospital has the best technology in the state.
We were called in about a half-hour after our appointment was scheduled and were led to a dark room with a comfy chair, 5 "spectator" chairs, and the ultrasound equipment. Cami laid down and the technician went to work. The whole experience was reproduced on the 46in plasma television in front of us. It took about 20 seconds to figure out what the sex was.
Did you vote in the sex poll? Most of you - me included - voted for girl, and with obvious reasons. Cami's family is nearly entirely female. All of her cousins (except Ben) are girls. She has 3 sisters. Many of their pets are female. The joke on Julie's side of the family is that you don't ask the sex of the child, you ask "What are you naming her?" Some of you thought of girl names and one of you even had a convincing dream that Cami would give birth to a daughter.
Then there were those of you who voted for boy. On what did you base this vote? Hope? The data simply does not support that hypothesis. But you were right! There was a clear protrusion on the ultrasound.
And Praise God. I wanted a boy. Is it wrong to have an opinion on that? I gave the classic answer "We'll take whatever God gives us" when asked which sex I prefered, but I was lying. So I apologize if I told that lie to any of you. Wait; I do not. I prayed fervently for a boy and God answered me! That should be celebrated! Any of you who attempted to cancel out my prayers with your girly prayers are now on my bad side. And it is likely that our son (Deven Lee Matthews) will be just as inflammatory as I am. Get ready!
Love,
Lee
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment