Friday, January 29, 2010

Let the Nesting Begin!

Lee and I had two showers last weekend and got the majority of items from our registry! It was a wonderful weekend. My parents and two of my sisters came up for the shower our church gave us. Everyone stayed with us at my in-laws house and we had such a good time hanging out (we sure missed you, Chels).

It has been sleeting/snowing since yesterday afternoon. Lee and I got off work yesterday at noon and did not have to go back today (Friday). I got a 2.5 hour nap, finished all our thank you notes, finished a couple of other projects, got to celebrate my mother-in-laws' birthday, and sort through all the baby stuff. I started Deven's first load of laundry a few moments ago. The first of millions. I am so thankful for this time off of work to get stuff done!


Here are some pictures from last weekend. Enjoy!

Some of the loot from the showers

All of Deven's clothes. I think he has more than I do.

Deven's blankets. Most of them are homemade!


A picture of my belly at 36 weeks!


The quilt my mom made for Deven. This will be his bedroom set!
Kate, me, Celeste

Me and Jackie (Lee's Grandma) standing in between the awesome stroller/carseat and bassinet.


My lovely hostesses and close friends at the Northwest C of C shower.


Heather, Mom, myself, Meagan (we missed you Chels)



The cake made by my friend Tia


The diaper cake my Mom made. Everything on it is homemade!



Lee trying out the carrier at his work shower.


Lee got to practice reading a book to his coworkers.



The fabulous money tree from Lee's coworkers.


Lee and I feel incredibly blessed by friends and family. We got so much from our registry and so much cash/gift cards that we have not had to buy anything yet. Well, we have bought one thing: 24 cloth diapers. We are going to be the crazy cloth diaperers. We are so blessed by the generosity of our loved ones. I can't say that enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment