2009 ended wonderfully for Lee and I. We got to spend some wonderful time with family in California and got some really great pictures of beautiful scenery. The New Year began celebrating with friends from church and a birthday party for Lee’s Grandma who turned 80! It has been a wonderful year so far. I am 31 weeks in the picture to the left.
I’m still enjoying pregnancy for the most part. Deven has been moving a lot this weekend and I have fun watching my belly move all around. Speaking of bellies, I find it humorous that my body awareness has not changed with my growing belly. I often forget to make room for it and it has hit people in the head when I get back in the church pew or I run it into the counter or something else. I get tired fast when I wash dishes because I have to hold my arms out further since my belly runs into the counter. Wednesday, we have our last ultrasound to see how Deven is growing and what position he’s in. I’m really excited to see how big he is.
I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. In our birthing class, they said one of the signs that labor is about to begin is nesting. I have been feeling “nesty” lately, which makes me worry that he’ll come early. Then I get flustered because we are not nearly ready for him to come so then I get even more involved in nesting. It’s a vicious cycle. But the only thing that I’ve accomplished so far is making 4 lists. I have one at work, two in my purse, and one in my head. I realized how ridiculous this was and compiled just one list and have created a “plan” to get rid of my nesting energy. I already feel calmer or at least less scattered.
My employer knows that I do not plan to return after Deven arrives. That was a difficult discussion but it needed to happen. I struggled for months over the decision to continue working there or not. It has been a great job and a great learning experience; however, it requires too much of me. I want to be more available to my family. In February, I will put in an application for the school system and I hope they have a part time job available. The school system is desirable for so many reasons: summers off, repay my grant, allow me to take CEU’s to keep my license, and give us a little extra income. I trust that God will provide me with a more flexible job that allows me to serve my family.
I hope all of you have had a wonderful New Year and that it continues to be wonderful.
I'm worried about how bad of a "nester" I will be in the next couple months. I had a spell this summer before we even got pregnant! I made Zac help me clear out everything that was in the soon to be baby's closet, sell the office furniture, and I even organized the tubs in the garage with labels. Zac thought I had lost my mind!
ReplyDeleteLists are awesome! I'm sure you will get everything done, if not, luckily you have a million people who would be glad to help! I miss you a lot, can't wait for the shower. Love you!
ReplyDeleteCami, when is your shower? I really want to come, so please let me know.
ReplyDelete