8 years ago
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Milestones
Deven has learned some new skills over the past week. He is able to use his hands really well. He's always had a good grip, but now he's learning to control it. He found his toes recently. When I change his diaper, he'll lie on his back holding his big toes in his hands. He doesn't wriggle or squirm, he just sits there holding his toes. It's so funny. He has also learned to roll from his tummy to his back! Yay! If I prop him up just right he can sit for about 2 seconds. I'm sure he'll learn how to sit on his own in no time. He also slept in his own room all through the night last night. He's been sleeping in our room for so long for a couple of reasons. One is there is an opossum living in the attic just above his bedroom and I've had the creepies thinking about Deven sleeping so near the opossum. I decided that it is very unlikely that the creature will end up in our house and Deven will be okay. The other reason is I didn't want to walk to the other side of the house in the middle of the night to feed him. However, all of his diaper changing materials are in his bedroom so it makes that part easier. It is also more comfortable to feed him in a rocking chair rather than a bed. I was a little sad not to have him right next to me anymore because I enjoy hearing him squirm and sigh in the night. But it is definitely time for him to sleep in his own bedroom. I'll try to post pictures later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He is doing so much! And sleeping in his own room! I bet sleeping is heavenly bliss!
ReplyDelete